Hyaluronic acid is a natural skin moisturizer. Its molecules are contained in the intercellular substance, which can be found in the connective and cartilaginous tissues and in the skin. Hyaluronic acid has unique properties. It is also known as youth and beauty molecules. Hyaluronic acid can lock moisture in the skin more than any other natural or synthesized polymer, thus saving its elasticity. During the natural aging process, the amount of hyaluronic acid decreases, and it becomes inevitable to replace the missing hyaluronic acid artificially in order to slowdown aging of the skin and to prevent wrinkles. The special purpose cosmetic products can be helpful in this matter.
What is the purpose of hyaluronic acid
The cosmetic products and beauty procedures with the use of hyaluronic acid can help to achieve the following results:
- reduce and remove fine lines;
- moisturize dry skin and makes it soft and elastic;
- even out skin tone;
- smoothen skin;
- remove dark circles under the eyes;
- remove pigmented spots;
- lift facial contours;
- tighten pores;
- eliminate dry and brittle hair;
- form a proportional lip contour;
- nourish skin;
- has a healing and regenerating effect for damaged skin tissues;
- improve blood circulation;
- accelerate metabolism;
- provide skin with nutrients;
- stimulate skin division;
- neutralize inflammation.
Hyaluronic acid has an impressive list of positive properties. No other natural or synthesized moisturizer has so many unique characteristics. But still there exists a more effective structural element than the molecules of hyaluronic acid – sodium hyaluronate.
What is the difference between hyaluronic acid and sodium hyaluronate
These substances are very common but they slightly differ in their action and effectiveness. Sodium hyaluronate is a structural element of hyaluronic acid which is extracted from it through bioengineering processes. The molecules of sodium hyaluronate are much smaller than the molecules of the acid, they are free from lipids, proteins and nucleic acids. This substance weighs less and has better skin permeability. That’s why sodium hyaluronate is more effective than hyaluronic acid.
Creams with sodium hyaluronate by Repharm
Where is sodium hyaluronate contained in
Sodium hyaluronate is a main ingredient of many effective cosmetic products, as the following:
- vitamin complexes.
Besides that, sodium hyaluronate is an active ingredient of beauty procedures, which make the skin look nice, healthy and young:
Note! While choosing a cosmetic product with sodium hyaluronate, it should not be confused with hyaluronic acid.
How does sodium hyaluronate work
The general principle of action of sodium hyaluronate is the following: when getting into the skin layers, it forms a barrier film on its surface and controls the amount of moisture in the cells without disturbing gas exchange processes. Owing to its small molecular weight, sodium hyaluronate can enter deep skin folds and wrinkles, fill them and lift facial contours. The use of cosmetic products based on sodium hyaluronate can help your skin return its firmness and elasticity, and you will have spectacular positive effect after several days of regular use.
Creams with sodium hyaluronate by Repharm
How does sodium hyaluronate help skin
Moisturizing is not the only function of sodium hyaluronate. This substance has a greater positive impact on the skin, and here is a list of its functions:
- water-retention in the skin tissues. This is the most powerful property of sodium hyaluronate compared to any other moisturizer. It is worth noting, that in low humidity conditions (33%) sodium hyaluronate has the highest ability to absorb water, and in high humidity conditions (75%) this ability is the lowest;
- lubricating and film-forming effect. Sodium hyaluronate creates a film on the skin surface which not only locks in moisture, but also makes the skin velvety and soft. Besides that, while using shampoos, hair masks or gels with sodium hyaluronate, this film has an antistatic effect; your hair looks smooth, silky and doesn’t electrify;
- regenerating action. High-molecular sodium hyaluronate has a strong ability to rejuvenate and regenerate the skin cells. It accelerates cell’s growth and division, fights free radicals. As a result of it, the skin becomes soft, even and elastic, deep wrinkles become less visible and small wrinkles disappear. In addition to this, this function of sodium hyaluronate affects wounds healing, protects the skin from damage and reduces pain. In this regard, sodium hyaluronate is used not only in cosmetology, but also in medicine, using it as an ingredient of creams, liniments and gels;
- nourishing effect. Sodium hyaluronate gets into the deep skin layers and widens blood vessels, thus improving microcirculation and providing nutrients’ absorption.
It should be noted that cosmetic products with sodium hyaluronate can be used not only to fight against aging and skin destruction, but also to prevent fine lines appearance. Regular and long-term use of this substance can keep the skin young for long, forming a natural barrier for external damaging factors. The positive effect of sodium hyaluronate can increase when combined with anti-age and protective components.