The effectiveness of birch tar in the treating of some skin disorders and in skin care has been tested for centuries. Even our grandmothers and great-grandmothers were taking care of their skin and hair using this natural substance. Birch tar is an original Russian product and it is extracted from the birch bark. Nowadays the technologies of birch tar manufacturing have not changed much, but the popularity of the tar as the cosmetic ingredient and the cosmetics products based on it grows every year. It’s all about its unique composition. No natural products have such a large number of useful healing components.
What properties does birch tar have
Tar is a powerful natural antibiotic and antiseptic. It is being used for healing of some skin diseases, to stop bleeding, to heal and disinfect wounds, it treats angina and pneumonia, fights skin parasites, relieves itching and irritation. The tar cosmetics belongs to the category of medical and cosmetic products and is usually sold in pharmacies. The tar-based products have a large list of useful features for skin and hair care like the following:
- treat such skin disorders as seborrheic eczema, allergic dermatitis, scabies, psoriasis, lichen of various nature, etc .;
- eliminate dandruff;
- struggling with hair loss;
- have a regenerating effect on the skin;
- promote healing of damaged and inflamed skin;
- nourish skin, hair follicles and hair along the entire length with nutrients;
- reduce the oily shine of skin and hair by regulating sebum secretion.
Shampoos and balms with birch tar by Repharm
How does birch tar act as a shampoo component
Some people use birch tar in the pure form to deal with skin and hair problems. This is a rash decision, since the pure form of birch tar can act aggressively, especially on sensitive skin, causing allergic reactions. Besides that, anyone who has ever come across with tar knows about its rich, sharp and quite specific odor, which is extremely difficult to get rid of. Being a component of shampoos and balms, the amount of this substance is metered and balanced with the other components which complement its action and neutralize the unpleasant odor. The tar shampoos are used for:
- stopping hair loss. Contained in birch tar phenol and organic acids effectively nourish the hair follicles and strengthen them. Allantoin stimulates blood circulation and regenerates damaged follicles;
- strengthening the hair structure. Tar smoothens the hair structure, strengthens it and adds volume;
- disposal of dandruff. Due to the ability of tar to boost a blood flow in the scalp, it stimulates intracellular metabolic processes and makes the skin healthy;
- getting rid of itching and burning, and of oily hair and scalp. The presence of natural antiseptic components in tar helps to fight off bacteria, eliminates excess sebum and regulates its secretion.
The assortment of medical and cosmetic products of the Repharm company has a broad range of birch tar-based products. There are shampoos for men and women, balms for hair and shower gels. The positive effect of tar as a component of Repharm cosmetics supplements the complex of natural ingredients which take care of the hair, making it beautiful and healthy.