Mouth and teeth care imply the use of hygienic and prophylactic means, which can effectively prevent developing of the teeth and gingiva disorders, dental plaque, unpleasant smell and so on. The usual mouth care products like toothpaste and dental floss can be extended now with mouth elixirs or mouth washes.
The reasons for mouth washings use
The former mouth washings were designed a long time ago and had a significantly narrow usage, a mouth freshening and deodorizing. They constituted a water-spirit solution with a certain amount of freshening fragrant ingredients like menthol, herbal potions, vanilla etc., which only temporarily freshened breath without removing the source of unpleasant smell.
Modern mouth washings have a wider functional range. They remove tartar, prevent caries developing, reduce gingiva inflammation, heal and disinfect, strengthen enamel.
The maximum effect of mouth washing elixir can be reached instantly after toothbrushing then active components can be applied on the teeth surface cleansed from plaque. For keeping the healing effect after mouth wash use it is desirable to avoid eating and drinking for at least a half an hour.
The reasons to consider the use of mouth wash are the following:
- The sensitive and prone to thinning and cracking enamel;
- The gingiva prone to inflammation and bleeding;
- Brackets, implants, dental prosthesis;
- Chronical teeth and mouth conditions;
- Smoking, drinking tea or coffee;
- Surgical operations on the oral cavity.
The mouth elixir use can be indicated even in the absence of these factors as a precaution measure.
Mouth washes by Repharm
The usual forms of mouth washes are solutions, concentrates or powders. They can be distinguished by their action into hygienic mouth washes or therapeutic like anticariogenic, anti-inflammatory or disinfectant.
By their use, the mouth washes can be distinguished into:
- Enamel strengthening mouth washes, which main ingredients are fluorine and calcium. They encourage enamel surface mineralization, consolidate it and make teeth resistant to caries developing;
- Special anti-inflammatory and healing mouth washes. They usually have an individual powerful binding hemostatic effect. Indications are chronical conditions or surgical operations.
- Mouth washes of directional operation for teeth with problem sensitive enamel prone to cracking. The main active ingredient is amine fluoride, which makes protective layer on the tooth surface and reduces the tooth sensitivity.
- Whitening mouth washes. They can effectively remove tartar and prevent its developing.
- Antibacterial mouth washings with the deodorant action, which make breath fresh;
- Multitargeted mouth washes of new generation, which ca solve several problems in the oral cavity. A mouth wash of this group is KSIDENT, which strengthens enamel, removes tartar, prevents caries developing, disinfects and freshens the breath. This product has a calcium-regulating complex in its composition, which can protect enamel and make it strong and safe.