Birch tar is a natural substance with a unique ability to treat a large number of various diseases. This is a dark oily liquid with obvious smell. A tar is produced from a birch bark by a method of distillation and is used either in the pure state, or as an ingredient of cosmetic products for treating different skin diseases. Lotions, ointments, gels, shampoos with a birch tar have a strong antiseptic and cells regenerating effect, fight inflammatory process and skin diseases.
A birch tar is the key enemy of acne and pimples. This substance neutralizes pathogenic bacteria, which cause inflammatory, reacts with oil glands and removes oily sheen, deeply cleanses the pores and peel off the dead skin cells.
How does a birch tar fight with pimples and acne
A birch tar efficiency in treating skin inflammation and cutaneous eruption has been proven by practice long ago. After the beauty procedures with cosmetic products based on a birch tar the face looks fresh, clean and healthy, with natural color and glow. This is affected by the multi-purpose action of a tar’s useful substances:
- antiseptic action;
- anti-inflammatory effect;
- drying effect;
- a strong antibacterial action of a birch tar helps to fight even such complex skin disorders as demodicosis;
- activation and stimulation of blood flow, and as a result of it, activation of skin cells regeneration and renewal.
Birch tar cosmetics by Repharm
What cosmetic products contain tar
Current cosmetology industry offers a large variety of cosmetic and medicinal products based on tar to solve certain dermatological problems:
- birch tar soap — proved its efficiency in fighting pimples, acne, cutaneous eruptions. It is helpful in treating teenage skin. For an oily skin use it every second day, for a dry skin type – twice a week;
- shower gel with birch tar — is effective in treating acne on the back, arms, legs and buttocks;
- birch tar shampoo — not only removes acne on the head, but also strengthens hair follicles, prevents hair loss;
- face and body milk with a birch tar — has the same action as a tar soap, but is more delicate for the skin, and apart from its antiseptic, antibacterial and healing action it also saturates skin with nourishing substances.
The Repharm company offers a series of phytocosmetics ‘Degtyarev’ based on a birch tar for treatment of a problem skin. These are shampoos and shower gels. In these treating products’ formula a positive action of a tar is complemented by a beneficial effect of a burdock root and nettle extracts, and also unique peptide compounds, which regenerate and rejuvenate the skin cells.