The main characteristic of the skin of hands is that it is almost deprived of oily glands. Moreover, this is one of the most defenseless and vulnerable skin areas of our body. It is constantly exposed to the temperature range, wind, frost, ultraviolet, aggressive household cleaning products. All these factors cause very negative effect: the hands get dry and grows old. The aging changes in this skin area start much earlier, than on the face. That’s why this skin demands thorough and appropriate care. The priority focus in this problem is on choosing a good hand cream.
What ingredients should a good hand cream contain
The hand care creams divide into categories, as well as facial creams. There are moisturizing, nourishing, anti-age, for day and night care. While selecting the certain cream type you should bear in mind your hand’s peculiar features at the moment. Besides, you should note, that the skin of the hands doesn’t divide into dry and oily types. There are the following hand’s skin types: dry, normal and sensitive. That’s why it is better to choose a multi-purpose hand cream, if you don’t have any prominent skin defects. The main active ingredients of a hand cream are the following:
- vitamin С — stimulates collagen and elastin development, makes the skin firm and elastic;
- vitamin Е — activates regenerating processes in the epidermis, has a protecting effect;
- bisphosphonate complexes — normalize and activate akin metabolism processes, renew the skin and prevent aging changes;
- natural oils — form a protecting water-resistant film, saturate the skin with useful substances and microelements, moisturize, have an antiseptic action;
- lanolin — efficiently softens the skin and prevents skin callousness;
- glycerin — is a strong moisturizer, has a softening effect;
- herbal extracts — relieve inflammation, have wound-healing effect, soothe the skin.
A hand cream by Repharm
How to apply a hand cream
A cream should be applied only on a clean skin in order not to let bacteria and dust interfere with the process of cream ingredients’ absorption. In the morning apply a cream not less than half an hour before going out. Otherwise, even a slight temperature range will cause negative influence like micro damages and cracks on a skin surface.
In the evening apply a cream not less than an hour before going to sleep, so that to remove the excesses of cream, that didn’t get absorbed. This is particularly so with night creams with a dense texture.
To strengthen a cream’s effect and to prevent the influence of negative factors make baths or masks for your hands at home twice a week.
A hand cream with tea tree oil Leks by the Repharm company is a medicinal cosmetic product with a strong treating action. Its balanced formula contains natural oils, such as tea tree oil, olive, maize, soya bean oils, and also lanolin, lecithin, glycerin. Moreover, among its ingredients there is a unique bisphosphonate complex, which regulates metabolism in the deep layers of epidermis. This cream also regenerates the skin cells, softens the skin, has antiseptic action, heals injuries and micro cracks, relieves fatigue.