A skin that doesn’t trouble and has no eruptions and irritations is essential for baby’s well-being and good mood. That’s why the selection of baby cream is a very demanding challenge. Unsatisfactory product will not provide gentle baby skin with a proper care, and also may provoke allergic reactions, diaper rush, peeling skin, etc.
How to choose a baby cream
It is not very complicated to choose a baby cream: there are a few reasonable criteria.
- first, pay attention on the content. The less ingredients a cream has, the better it is. Most of them should be natural substances, with a few exceptions. The ingredients of a good baby cream should be well-known to all consumers, their names don’t need explanation: oils, vitamins, herbal extracts;
- while choosing a baby cream you should take in account its main purpose. There exist protecting, nourishing, moisturizing, healing products, etc. A good baby cream should perform a full list of basic functions;
- a hermetic state of packaging is a very significant factor in choosing a suitable cream. It should be unbroken, without any damages. This fact determinates cream’s features. Incorrect storage may cause the loss of its functions and the cream may become dangerous for a gentle baby skin;
- also, you should pay attention on the date of expiry. It should match the declared one, and besides that, it should not have a very long period of validity, as the cream consists of natural ingredients without preservatives, coloring agents and other chemical additives. A natural cosmetic product can’t be preserved for a long time. In most cases, the date of expiry is less than one year. It also should be noted, that it might be unsafe to use the cream, which was long kept abroach. Some harmful bacteria could get into it, and such a cream quickly becomes inapplicable;
- it is better to buy a baby cream in pharmacies, as they have very strict and tough requirements to products quality specifications. There are almost no chances to buy an unsatisfactory product in a pharmacy;
- high-quality products should be certified and registered.
Cosmetic products for baby skin care by Repharm
What ingredients should not be found in a baby cream content
- mineral oils, paraffin — make a dense film on the skin surface and impede skin breath. This may cause irritation and redness;
- parabens — can also be marked as Е218, Е216, Е214 and Е 2094
- cetearyl alcohol (Cetearyl Alcohol) — a toxic substance destroying skin protecting functions;
- aluminum stearate and propylene glycol — also destroy protecting functions of the skin.
What ingredients should a baby cream contain
- herbal extracts (chamomile, calendula, tickseed, fennel) — have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic actions, soothe, stimulate skin regeneration;
- panthenol, lanolin, glycerin — have anti-inflammatory, healing and protecting features;
- oils and butters (shea, coconut, grape seeds, apricot, olive, soya bean) — moisturize, nourish, protect the skin, relieve irritations, redness, diaper rush and inflammation;
- vitamins (А, В, С, Е, F) — nourish, soften.
A series of baby cosmetic products by the Repharm company is represented by registered products, recommended by Moscow Research Institute of Pediatry and Surgery. It includes gentle Baby Oil and Repharm baby cream. These products have natural hypoallergic formula and provide a baby’s skin with total and gentle care.