Adolescence is a difficult period not only emotionally but also psychologically. During this period, teenagers undergo serious physiological body restructuring. The consequences of these changes become evident on the face. The skin actively reacts to the hormonal background restructuring with presentation of skin problems, among which increased oiliness, enlarged pores, blackheads, acne and pimples.
All this results not only in aesthetic problems of temporary nature, but also significantly affects the unstable emotional state of young people, and can also subsequently leave marks on the skin such as bumps and scars. Proper care of your skin and appropriate cosmetics can significantly improve the situation.
How to take care of teenage skin
The adolescence is the period from 12 and 17. During this period, the endocrine system passes a serious restructuring process. The amount of hormones activating cell division increases. The lower skin layers are intensively renewed, while the rate of upper layer renewal passes as usual. This situation results in the decrease of skin protective functions, and the increase of its permeability. Due to this fact, harmful bacteria freely penetrate into the skin and create the inflammation sites.
The situation is aggravated by the fact that hormonal changes significantly affect the skin structure. The number of sebaceous glands and their activity increase. The skin cannot cope with the removal of surface skin fat; the sebaceous ducts are blocked, which result in the appearance of abscesses, comedones, and inflammation.
Proper skin care includes the following steps:
- pay due attention to skin cleaning: clean the skin twice a day with the help of special lotions or tonics without alcohol;
- regardless of the oily or dry skin type, it requires intense hydration, which helps to regulate metabolic processes and proper functioning of sebaceous glands;
- during this period, it is necessary to use special teenage creams providing anti-inflammatory effect and controlling the sebum production;
- if there are many rashes and inflammations, it is better to refuse from tinting cream and powder, as they clog the pores and aggravate the situation. You should also be careful with the use of scrubs.
Teenage gel for problem skin of Repharm Company
What creams to use for teenage skin
The composition of skin care products for teenagers should include the following elements:
- special drying agents: camphor, castor oil, alum, boric acid, salicylic acid, zinc and magnesium oxide;
- extracts of medicinal plants relieving inflammation and neutralizing the influence of pathogenic bacteria: calendula, chamomile, aloe vera;
- elements providing the restoration and healing of damaged areas: d-panthenol;
- elements providing the cell division regulation: peptides;
- no alcohol, as it increases sebum secretion. In addition, the product should not contain saturated essential oils such as jojoba, argan, shea, etc. For skin nourishing, the cream can contain oils of light texture and consistency: lemon, grape and peach seeds.
The Russian manufacturer of natural skin care products Repharm Company among great variety of skin care products provides an effective gel for problem teenage skin PepTeens, which has passed clinical tests and has shown excellent results in practical application. The active product components such as unique peptide compounds regulate skin metabolic processes, relieve inflammation, prevent acne, abscesses and rashes, as well as promote their healing. In addition, the gel normalizes the sebaceous glands functioning, tightens the pores, nourishes and protects the skin.