Moisturizing and nourishing are vital for the skin. Water constitutes almost two-thirds of epidermis. Water loss causes not only tightness, peeling and discomfort, but also more serious consequences: wrinkles and facial contours deformation. It’s a popular misconception that only dry skin needs moisturizing. That’s not so. The oily skin needs moisture as well as the dry one.
Why does skin dehydration happen
The major factor of skin dryness is aging. During the natural aging processes, from the age of 30, the metabolism becomes slower, the amount of hyaluronic acid, which regulates water balance, decreases, the skin becomes dry, slack, the wrinkles start to appear. But the essential point to remember is that mineral metabolism deceleration is not the only reason of skin dehydration. It can be aggravated by a number of other reasons. In case you ignore them and don’t moisturize the skin consistently, the wrinkles may appear at a very early age. Among the most important factors are the following:
- inadequate care: improper and frequent cleansing using high-surfactant and high alcoholic cosmetic products, occasional use of sebo-regulating and antiseptic cosmetics for oily skin;
- external aggressive exposure to ultraviolet radiation, wind, frost, temperature changes, air conditioning and central heating;
- low water consumption, dehydration;
- using diuretics;
- taking hot bath too often;
- unbalanced dieting;
- lack of vitamins;
- internal organs disorders: gastrointestinal tract, liver, kidneys, pancreas gland diseases;
- hormonal changes.
Moisturizing creams by Repharm
What ingredients should high-quality moisturizing creams contain
- sodium hyaluronate or hyaluronic acid – acts as natural skin moisturizer, creates a protective film oh the skin, which prevents moisture evaporation from the inside and fills the skin with moisture from the outside, controls the necessary water balance, reduces wrinkles and prevents their appearance;
- bisphosphonates – regulate mineral metabolism, regenerate skin cells;
- glycerin – extracts moisture from the air and keeps it in the skin;
- vitamin Е – prevents free radicals from entering the skin;
- allantoin – tightens pores, locks in moisture, regulates hydrolipid balance;
- dimeticone – moisturizes, regulates lipid balance;
- liposomes – provide skin with nutrients;
- natural oils (olive, cocoa, maize oils) – nourish, soften the skin, make it toned and tight.
Moisturizing cream Repharm #4 has a well-balanced formula which components moisturize, revitalize and regenerate skin. Among its ingredients are: sodium hyaluronate, active bisphosphonate complex, natural oils, glycerin, allantoin and others. This cream not only moisturizes the deep skin layers, but also effectively prevents premature skin aging. Repharm #4 makes skin tight and elastic, removes wrinkles and lifts the facial contours.