The main functions of evening or night cream are nourishing, renewal, regeneration, fight with aging. Its formula should contain efficient and well-balanced ingredients to let skin relax during the night time, recover its functions and become fresh and radiant by morning.
How does night cream differ from day cream
- In the most of cases a night cream has a heavier texture, gets absorbed slower than a day cream and may leave oily sheen on the skin surface. This is caused by the fact, that it contains a large amount of vitamins and natural nourishing oils.
- A night cream contains efficient regenerating and recovering substances, which may lose their properties being exposed to the sunshine. For example, it is reasonable to use retinol and AHA acids only in the night creams, as these substances highly increase epidermis susceptibility to ultraviolet.
- One more difference between night cream and day cream – it doesn’t contain ingredients for UV protection.
How to choose a good night cream
There are several simple rules to choose an efficient night cream:
- remember, that the main purpose of a night cream is renewal and regeneration. That’s why it should contain such ingredients as vitamins, natural oils, bisphosphonates, hyaluronic acid, ceramides, peptides, retinol and others;
- a good quality cream should not contain perfume agents. The main thing is an ability of this product to produce a powerful effect, but not its tactile and aromatic properties;
- while choosing a good cream pay attention to its packaging. It is important, while even a high-quality cream may lose its properties in an improper and nontight packaging.
Nourishing night cream by Repharm
What ingredients in a good night cream are better to stay away from
- mineral oil. You should better stay off this substance as a component of a cosmetic product, but not in all cases. This is a chemical product developed from oil, but it is a high purity product. Its main disadvantage is pores clogging and acne development on oily skin. But it is fair to say, that some natural oils with heavy texture may produce a similar effect. On the contrary, on a dry skin mineral oil will produce a protecting action;
- There is a widely distributed myth that parabens may cause cancer, but still there has been found no evidence suggesting that. They are used in cosmetics as preserving agents and are effective against fungal and bacterial diseases. They should not be contained in natural cosmetic products, but they don’t have any important precautions;
- ionol — is used in cream as antioxidant and odor camouflage, it is also a strong allergen and irritant for sensitive skin and eyes;
- triethanolamine — a very toxic allergen, is used as odor camouflage;
- imidazolidinyl urea — a toxic preservative, which may cause severe allergic reactions.
A nourishing night cream Repharm #5 with gentle texture is 100% based on natural ingredients, such as natural oils, acids and vitamins. They effectively nourish the skin, recover its functions and make it firm and elastic. A natural metabolism regulator – bisphosphonate complex, fights aging changes, reduces wrinkles and prevents their further development.