The skin health and youth depend on various factors. Outdoors, the sun, wind, temperature changes, frosty air, central heating influence it outdoors, and various diseases leading to metabolic disorders, stress, lack of sleep, improper, unbalanced diet, lack of vitamins – from inside. Among other things, the balance of macro- and microelements and, of course, calcium play great role. The rate of age-related skin changes largely depends on it.
Why calcium is important and useful for skin
The majority of people associate the role of calcium with bone health. Indeed, 99% of the whole calcium amount in our body is found in bones. Calcium deficiency immediately affects the progression of such serious diseases of the musculoskeletal system as osteoporosis and osteochondrosis, arthritis, arthrosis, Paget’s disease and many others. In addition, calcium metabolism disorder leads to the salt accumulation in soft tissues and joints, which is very difficult in treatment and significantly reduces the lifestyle quality.
Thus, in all other organs and tissues there is only 1% of the total calcium amount, but its role for the body, including the skin, is also rather great. For the skin, calcium plays the following role:
- regulates lipid metabolism;
- restores and regulates skin immunity;
- maintains moisture retention function;
- regulates the processes of keratinization with seboregulating;
- maintains natural antioxidant protection;
- regulates the fibroblast activity – the cells that are responsible for the collagen and elastin production;
- maintains the integrity of collagen and elastin fibers;
- regulates lymphatic drainage;
- regulates the tone of capillaries.
Why calcium deficiency is dangerous for your skin
Skin calcium deficiency can lead to disorder of a large number of important processes that are responsible for health and youth: the cells do not get the required communication and stop functioning fully. Skin calcium deficiency provokes the following negative effects:
- cell renewal slows down;
- intracellular communication is broken, the skin becomes thinner and dry;
- decrease of fibroblast activity leads to skin tone decrease, its elasticity and resilience;
- metabolic activity of structural elements decreases, it leads to general skin depletion;
- progression of capillary network weakness.
In such circumstances, if you do not solve the problem, the skin aging starts prematurely. It becomes dry, flabby; facial contours are deformed; wrinkles appear.
Calcium-regulating products of Repharm Company
How can you replenish skin calcium deficiency?
If you want to prevent skin changes related to the calcium metabolism disorder or promote their restoration, then you should regulate the calcium level not only with the help of special diets and calcium preparations in form of vitamin complexes and dietary supplements. The effective method is the use of local calcium-regulating products, creams and ointments. Creams with bisphosphonates have showed themselves excellent, as they regulate skin calcium metabolism at the cellular level, stabilize cell activity, and increase their viability. The result of using creams with bisphosphonates is smooth, even and toned skin, visible wrinkles are reduced, small ones are smoothed out, there is also formed a barrier preventing the formation of new ones.
Repharm Company has developed a series of skin care products based on bisphosphonates. This development is patented; the creams have passed long clinical tests and have proven their high efficiency in practice. The line of this series includes Ca-VITACTIVE body creams, KSIGEL Ca-control, KSIcream Ca-control and face cream AKSINIA Ca-interactive