The main purposes of day or morning cream are skin moisturizing and protection. This product should have light texture to absorb quickly without leaving skin greasy, and to be easily applied under make-up foundation. While choosing a day cream, it is important to consider not only individual skin features, but also its age and type.
The main rules of day cream matching
- it should have SPF protection from ultraviolet, which is an aggressive and skin damaging factor;
- it should have a proper and hermetically sealed packaging, protecting its content from air and light during its life time. Most of day cream ingredients, such as retinol, vitamin C and others, are very sensitive and may quickly lose their medicinal properties under the influence of external factors;
- there should be no aggressive perfume agents, such as linalool, limonene, for instance. They may not only cause irritation and allergy, but also, at long-term application, disturb metabolic processes and the development of collagen and elastin;
- while choosing a day cream according to the age, it should be noted that under the age of 25 it is enough only to moisturize and protect the skin, but, by the age of 30 the skin needs nourishing and renewal, by the age of 35 – lifting and regenerating;
- the essential point to remember is that if a day cream doesn’t have SPF, you should additionally buy an SPF protecting cream.
Day creams by Repharm
How to choose day cream according to the skin type
- Normal skin. At the first sight, it is not very complicated to match a suitable cream for the skin, which is neither dry nor oily, and not vulnerable to irritations or acne. But this is not so. Unsuitable cosmetics can be of no use, but what is worse, it may do harm to the normal skin and turn it into the problem one.
Under the age of 30, for normal skin care you can use cosmetic products with vitamin complex (А, Е, С), plant and fruit extracts, moisturizing substances — glycerin, lanolin, hyaluronic acid. After this age you should add regenerating and anti-age components: peptides, bisphosphonates, ceramides, coenzymes, etc.
- Dry skin. It is believed, that there is nothing better for dry skin than oils. But this statement is not absolutely correct. Objectively, oils can effectively smooth, nourish and protect the dry skin, but there should be a small amount of them in a day cream, as they can block pores and cause irritation.
The best ingredients of a day cream for a dry skin are hyaluronic acid, bisphosphonate complex. vitamin E, aloe, chamomile, olive leaf extracts. The oils can be contained in small quantity — olive, grape seeds, wild rose, argan oils.
- Oily skin. The best ingredients of a day cream formula for oily skin are hyaluronic acid, ceramides, most herbal extracts. In this case you should reject products with paraffin, mineral oil, shea and cocoa butter.
- Aged skin with wrinkles. According to what was explained above, the most effective ingredients for aged skin care are hyaluronic acid, bisphosphonates, peptides, glycerin, dimethicone, retinol, ceramides.
A series of creams by the Repharm company with sodium hyaluronate and bisphosphonate complex approved itself to treat different skin types. These are creams Repharm #2, Repharm #4 and Aksinia Ca-INTERACTIVE. They provide skin with total care, deeply moisturize, protect and fight aging changes. These creams were clinically tested and gained a lot of positive feedback from consumers.