The problem of salt water exposure on human skin is still under discussion. The salt water has both positive and negative effect, and, being aware of it and using special cosmetic products may help you to enjoy your holidays at the seaside and reduce risks for your skin.
What is the positive effect of salt water for the skin
Sea water has been used for cosmetic procedures and for treatment of various diseases since Ancient Greece. The more salt the sea water contains, the more positive properties it has. Magnesium, potassium, calcium and other minerals and nutrients contents make it a kind of nourishing cocktail for the skin. Here is the list of sea water benefits:
- improves blood supply and has draining effect, thus fighting against cellulite and overweight;
- enriches skin with oxygen, stimulates metabolism, regenerates and rejuvenates;
- acts as delicate natural skin peeling;
- being used as a compress, it effectively treats inflammatory processes — acne, abscess, and such serious dermatological diseases like psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis and fungal diseases;
- has an antiseptic effect, accelerates healing of wounds and chapped skin;
- improves skin and muscles tone;
- normalizes pH balance;
- removes toxins from cells.
Royal body cream by Repharm
How can salt water damage skin
But it should be noted that the salt water has not only benefits – it can also affect the skin in a negative way.
- First, the sea water can irritate sensitive and allergy-prone skin. In this case the symptoms are redness and peeling of the skin. If your skin belongs to this category, you should take shower after the bathing and apply special emollient and skin protection product. In case you don’t have such skin problems, you’d better refrain from taking shower for 1-2 hours: the salt water minerals and macros can act as a special mask for the skin and improve its structure and immunity.
- Secondly, long exposure to the salt water or untimely showering may cause extreme skin dryness, the skin can become vulnerable to UV rays, which may cause sunburn and disrupt the process of collagen and elastin regeneration. And this leads to the premature skin aging. In order to avoid these negative effects, you should wipe your skin after bathing and apply special protection cosmetic product.
Royal body cream by the Repharm company is produced to protect skin from drying and from negative influence of sea salt. This cosmetic product prevents skin dryness and its peeling after sunburn. It contains well-balanced complex of essential oils, which deeply moisturizes, tones, smoothens the skin and makes it firm and elastic.