Cracked heels is a serious dermatologic problem which spoils the appearance of the feet, brings pain feeling and can develop the fungal and infectious diseases. This is why so important to make timely treatment of occurred heel cracks and prevent their developing because treating the chronicle form of cracked heels may be difficult and time-consuming.
Why does heel cracks occur?
Physiologically developing of the heel’s cracks is a pathological skin destruction process due to the dryness, reducing the skin elasticity and firmness.
The main internal reasons for this condition are following:
- hypovitaminosis, reducing the vitamins A and E level, slows down the skin cells regeneration that results dominance of the skin cells destroying process over its regeneration. Epidermis wears down, loses humidity and thickens. Stratum corneum has a low elasticity level that provokes crack occurring;
- one of the common reasons for heels cracking is diabetes that develops the blood vessel atherosclerosis, which reduces the skin nourishing and makes it become dry and crack prone;
- fangus diseases thicken stratum corneum that makes skin deform and crack;
- iron deficiency may lead skin dehydration which makes skin become dry, thick and cracked;
Feet and leg creams by Repharm
Which factors provoke cracked heels disease
Besides the internal factors that influenced on the heels cracks appearance there are some external ones like the following:
- Open shoes wit the flat sole leads to the excessive pressure on the heel area;
- Long walking or prolonged stand-up work can overload feet;
- Tight or high-heel shoes provoke excessive friction and feet skin thickening that leads to cracking;
- Synthetic socks can lead to the skin sweating and abrasion;
- Feet skin peeling may deform the skin surface, especially if it is being done too often;
- Poor hygiene may lead to the inflammations and feet skin damage,
Which creams can help treating cracked heels?
Systematic use of the leg and foot cream is a perfect way to prevent the heel cracks occurring, assistance in their treatment and the way to keep the feet skin heathy, smooth, good-looking and attractive.
Repharm, a Russian cosmetic company, created a series of highly effective cosmeceutical products for legs and feet including the Cream for legs and feet with the horse chestnut extract and Ca-Vitactive cream. These feet creams contain the most effective components for everyday skincare like wormwood and red pepper extracts, camphor, salicylic and boric acids, olive and lavender oils, succinic and malic acids, menthol, glycerin, lanolin and a one-of-a-kind bisphosphonate complex. These creams reduce tiredness, strengthen blood vessels, prevent cracks appearing and heal them, reduce swellings and inflammations, regenerate skin cells and balance mineral metabolic processes.